08 May 2007

When will Wolfowitz quit?

I'm a big fan of Paul Wolfowitz. He's a very bright guy, and he knows his shit.

But he fucked up.

I don't think he is trying to advance America's agenda through the World Bank, even though the two entities mission is parallel in many aspects. I especially applaud his efforts to take away aid from corrupt countries. Why though millions and millions to governments, when only a portion of that gets through. It makes those firms who fund raise on behalf of the police look like altruist organizations.

But if you are going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk. I know he didn't extort millions of dollars, or have sex with one of his teenage staffers. But to push for a huge raise and promotion for your girlfriend is clearly a conflict of interest that should not be overlooked.

While I think he is doing a good job, he has to step down to keep the credibility of the World Bank.

Sucks to be him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home